Cybersmart Women: Addressing Online Harassment – Resource Launch
Join Gender Equity Victoria (GEN VIC) and a panel of experts for the launch of GEN VIC’s CyberSmart Women resource – a step-by-step guide to support women who are experiencing online harassment in their private or professional lives.
Throughout our consultation and research addressing gendered cyberhate, we have become aware of how many women were unsure about their legal options to report online harassment. CyberSmart Women is designed to assist women who are experiencing harassment to understand their rights and options throughout each stage of reporting and pursuing justice through the criminal and civil legal systems.
A panel of experts will discuss the current barriers to reporting and explore possible solutions, featuring:
- Maria Chetcuti, General Manager Operations, Victorian Women’s Trust
- Lauren Callaway, Assistant Commissioner, Victoria Police
- Tess Chappell, Lawyer, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
- Sophie Parsons, Senior Associate, Doogue and George Lawyers
- Caitlin McGrane, Project Lead, GEN VIC
- Mariam Veiszadeh, Lawyer, Writer, and Advocate
Date and time
Thu 22nd Jul 2021, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm AEST
The event is held on Zoom. A webinar link will be emailed to participants closer to the event date.