As a peak body, a core part of Gender Equity Victoria’s work is to help build the skills and capacity of member organisations to engage in coordinated, evidence-informed, intersectional practice in the areas of gender equity, women’s health and the prevention of violence against women.
One way we do this is by facilitating Communities of Practice to share expertise and good practice, bring organisations together to collaborate and coordinate work across the state and support organisations to engage in effective regional planning.
GEN VIC coordinates three Communities of Practice to build the skills and expertise of workers in our member organisations.
Prevention of violence against women (PVAW)
This Community of Practice supports advanced prevention practitioners to:
- Come together and build collegial relationships
- Share information, resources and experiences
- Learn from one another and provide a safe space for reflection
- Troubleshoot common challenges
- Enhance consistent approaches and collaborative opportunities to PVAW across regions and state-wide, including supporting and capacity building the leadership role of women’s health services
- Contribute expertise to PVAW regional planning and implementation, further development of the Equality and Safety for Women website and guide, and the body of knowledge on effective PVAW practice
The Community of Practice meets four times a year.
For further information contact Vanessa Born on phone (03) 9418 0927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sexual and reproductive health
This Community of Practice works collaboratively to advocate and enhance the sexual health and reproductive rights of all Victorian women. It provides a consultative forum on issues related to sexual and reproductive health for GEN VIC member agencies. The Community of Practice is designed to maximise opportunities for partnerships, networking and information sharing about sexual and reproductive health in Victoria.
For further information, contact GEN VIC on phone (03) 9418 0921 or email email@example.com
The purpose of the GEN VIC Communications Community of Practice is to:
- Increase collaboration between GEN VIC members in the area of communications, thereby increasing efficiency and strength of message
- Support effective and consistent messaging on gender equity, women’s health and the prevention of violence against women
- Share key learnings and build professional capacity
- Share communications information, resources and experiences
- Develop relationships between those working on communications within member organisations in order to build collegial support
- Consider opportunities to develop shared communications messages and campaigns around particular topics or events and
- Assist in promoting the work of GEN VIC members.
For further information contact GEN VIC on phone (03) 9418 0921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org