Regional Prevention of Violence Against Women Partnerships
Work to prevent violence against women and help make our communities safer is strategically coordinated across Victoria through nine Prevention Partnerships.
The Prevention Partnerships act as a cohesive primary infrastructure to grow and deliver prevention of violence against women initiatives and embed gender equity values into hundreds of diverse communities and organisations in Victoria.
Find out more about
- your region and the primary prevention work they’re doing
- how strategies and actions for preventing violence against women are planned at a regional level
- the types of activities and programs that are being undertaken across the state
- training including GEN VIC’s e-learning module and orientation toolkit for new and developing PVAW practitioners
- policy and research and much more.
Visit the Action to Prevent Violence Against Women website here!
Building the Pool of Qualified Trainers Experienced in the Prevention of Violence Against Women Program
This Gender Equity Victoria Program responds to an urgent need to meet the upcoming demand for qualified prevention of violence against women (PVAW) trainers to deliver vocational education units in PVAW, gender equity and responding to family violence and other forms of violence against women. The program aims to increase the number of PVAW practitioners in rural and metropolitan Victoria who can deliver and assess accredited vocational units of study. As a part of this program we are offering scholarships to assist PVAW and Gender Equity trainers to complete their Certificate IV TAE 40116 in Training and Assessment. Program participants also have opportunity to build their training skills and knowledge through a new Community of Practice.